The Eureka County Courthouse, designed by George Costerisa, cost about $38,000 to construct. Built in 1879-80 of locally-fired brick and of sandstone quarried nearby, the Italianate style courthouse remains a fine example of boomtown Victorian opulence. This relic, a scene of many famous trials, reflects the glory days from 1864 to 1890 when Eureka was the first important lead-silver district in the United States.
STATE HISTORICAL MARKER NO.80
STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION OFFICE
BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS