Resources for Researchers
Looking for research resources, or materials that cover broader aspects of Nevada's history than specific sites? Below are reports, multiple property documentation forms, and other research resources pertaining to state history available for you to learn more about Nevada's past.
Multiple Property Documentation Forms
Multiple property documentation forms (MPDFs) are cover documents that outline a larger historic, architectural, or archaeological context pertaining to regional, state, or local history. An MPDF is used as a placeholder for that context when nominating more than one resource to the National Register of Historic Places. Producing an MPDF that is approved by the National Park Service makes it easier to nominate similar significant resources related to that context in the future.
- Agriculture on the Carson River in Nevada's Douglas and Ormsby Counties
- Fire Stations of Nevada
- Historic Resources of Tonopah MRA
- Historic School Buildings in the Evolution of the Fifth Supervision School District, Nevada
- Historic U.S. Post Offices in Nevada, 1891-1941
- Newlands Reclamation Thematic Resources
- School Buildings in Nevada MPS
- Thematic Nomination of the Architecture of Frederick J. DeLongchamps
- Thematic Nomination of Properties Associated with the San Pedro, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake Railroad, Las Vegas, Nevada
If you know about a resource that relates to one of the MPDFs above and are interested in nominating it to the National Register of Historic Places, click here.
Historic Contexts are technical reports about specific historical, architectural, or archaeological topics. They work very similarly to MPDFs, and are helpful and insightful resources about Nevada's past. (Note: If you are a professional consultant searching for cultural resource reports and data for compliance purposes, please go to the NVCRIS page for more information).
- African American Civil Rights Experience in Nevada 1900-1979
- University of Nevada, Reno, Neighborhood Historic Context
- World War II Era Residential Housing in Las Vegas, Clark County, Nevada, (1940-1945)
- Archaeological Research in Nevada (2005)
- Exploration and Early Settlement in Nevada (2005)
Selected Historic Resource Surveys
Historic resource survey projects evaluate areas for resources (buildings, places, etc.) that might be eligible for historic designation. Below is a selection of resource surveys produced by the Nevada SHPO or by local governments for the benefit of the public. (Note: If you are a professional consultant searching for cultural resource reports and data for compliance purposes, please go to the NVCRIS page for more information).
- Downtown Fallon Commercial Corridor, Architectural Survey Report (2015)
- Hugh Taylor & Paradise Palms, Units 1 & 2, Architectural Survey Report (2015)