Nevada Historic Preservation Survey
We are looking for your input about what the state’s historic preservation program should accomplish in the coming years. On a regular basis, each SHPO produces a new statewide preservation plan to guide those efforts. The State Preservation Plan establishes goals and priorities for the SHPO and all of its partners in Nevada. Your input will help us better understand the needs and desires of the public on preservation issues, and establish priorities and goals for Nevada’s heritage preservation community. The current plan, which will expire in December of 2019, can be found on our website here.
We sincerely appreciate that you have commited your valuable time to help to create the 2020-2028 plan.
(click on photo above or use the link here)
You will find a PDF of the entire survey here if you would prefer to print this document and send it to our office at:
State Historic Preservation Office, Survey #2
901 South Stewart Street, Suite 5004
Carson City NV 89701
Selected Question Summaries (please note, the answers provided by the survey respondents reflect their opinions and have not been edited):
- Why Preserve Nevada's Resources?
- Goals for the Next Decade.
- Additional Goals for the Next Decade as suggested by respondents.
- What Types of Cultural Resources are Important to Preserve?
- What Specific Resources are Important to Preserve as suggested by respondents.
- What Threats Face Important Cultural Resources?
- What Aspects of Nevada's History are Underrepresented?