Union Hotel & Post Office
The original Union Hotel was located across the street. It was rebuilt here in 1870 after a fire destroyed the old hotel. The former post office site originally housed the dining room and a barber shop. The free standing rock wall is the original wall of the overland stage station and Pony Express stop.
STATE HISTORICAL MARKER No. 186
STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION OFFICE
DAYTON HISTORICAL SOCIETY
“PRIVATE PROPERTY NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC”