Dayton School House - 1865
In 1865 Lyon County built this imposing stone school building for the residents of Dayton, then the county seat. It is the second oldest schoolhouse in Nevada and is the oldest such structure to remain in its original location. The building served the community as a school until 1959 when it was closed. It later housed the Dayton Senior Citizens Center and became the home of the Dayton Historical Society Museum in 1991.
FRIENDS OF THE COMSTOCK
COMSTOCK HISTORIC DISTRICT COMMISSION
STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION OFFICE
STATE HISTORICAL MARKER No. 262