First located in 1859, the Chollar was consolidated with the Potosi in 1865. As the Chollar-Potosi, it was one of the leading producers on the Comstock. The Nevada mill was erected here in 1887 to process low-grade Chollar ore. It was the last to use the Washoe pan process, but the first on the Comstock to generate and utilize electric power.
STATE HISTORICAL MARKER No. 209
STATE HISTORIC PRESERVATION OFFICE